Chicken Breast stuffed with Spinach
(Photo by Frances Mora)
Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach. (Recipe Courtesy of Gimme Delicious/ some alterations were made from original recipe)
- 4 4 oz. chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the filling:
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped
- 4 oz. cream cheese at room temp
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- To Make filling: In a medium bowl, combine spinach, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and salt + pepper until fully combined.
- To Butterfly your chicken breasts: lay them flat on a sturdy surface. Place one hand on top to hold it in place and then slice 3/4 of the way through the chicken breast (be careful not to slice all the way through).
- To Stuff the Chicken: Season the outside of the chicken with chili powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Spoon 1/4 of cheese mixture into the middle of the cut chicken breasts and fold the chicken so the cream cheese is sealed inside. Use toothpicks to secure chicken if desired.
- To Cook: Heat a non-stick skillet on medium high and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook the chicken, covering the pan with a lid, for about 9-10 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through.
Now that spring has arrived we will be getting a variety of different vegetables, which make cooking so much fun, and with all the vibrant colors from an array of fruits and vegetables that makes your presentation even more fabulous.
This recipe will be the last one for the winter veggies, on next month’s recipe I will start my new spring recipes. Some recipes are my own and I will note that, others are recipes that I have come across that have become favorites.